Places to Visit in Calangute – Calangute is a town located in North Goa which is just 15 km away from the Goa Capital, Panaji. Calangute is also known as the ‘Queen of Beaches’ because tourist love to watch this place. Calangute is one of the popular destinations for all tourist and it is most visited place in comparison to all other places in Goa.
Calangute is a favourite tourist hub which is one of the most crowded places in North Goa. The peak tourist season is during Christmas and New Year when most of the visitor come here to enjoy parties and festival. Most of the water sports activity held at this beach which gives you an amazing experience.
Calangute got famous in 60’s when hippies and junkies came here and made it a party destination which is now a popular destination for the traveller. Calangute also famous for its beach shacks, nightlife, bars & pub and shopping market. According to popularity Calangute always on top in comparison to all other cities in Goa. So here we are going to mention the list of best tourist places to visit in Calangute, Goa.
List of Top 5 Tourist Places to Visit in Calangute –
1. St. Alex Church, Calangute –
This place is very near to Calangute which is a peaceful and clean tourist spot. It is a Portuguese style church which is known for it beautiful Architecture design. Regular mass happens over here this place is very well maintained it is very spacious. It has a magnificent view of seven altars, two towers and an impressive dome. It is one of the favourite tourist places to visit in Calangute, so don’t miss the opportunity to watch this church when you are in Calangute.
2. Kerkar Art Complex, Calangute – This soothing art gallery showcases the colourful paintings, photographs and sculptures of local artist Dr Subodh Kerkar. As an artist, Dr Subodh Kerkar gives it a modernized look with the creative installation. A traditional music and dance party host at Kerkar Art Complex on every Tuesday. People came here to get some relax and to enjoy the nightlife also.
Also, Read – Most Famous Luxurious Hotels to Stay in North Goa
3. Saturday Night Market –
Calangute also famous for it Saturday night market which offers the large variety of product under one roof. You will find every sort of product that you need from your kitchen to Hall dressing to food.
4. Medicinal Springs, Calangute – Located at Mottant which is an ideal location for picnics. Tourist mainly reaches at this place to take bath in medicinal water.
5. Baga River, Calangute –
Baga River considered as one of the best places to visit in Calangute which is almost 10 km long. The river originates from the dense jungles of Assagao and it falls into the Arabian Sea at Baga. This place is located just 4 km away from the Calangute. So if you want to spend some valuable time at the riverside then its a perfect choice for you.
Click Here – Water Sports & Adventure Things to do in Goa
Nearby Beaches in Calangute, Goa –
Calangute city situated in North Goa which is famous for its beaches beauty. Here we placed some favourite beaches list near Calangute which attracts the tourists all the time.
1. Calangute Beach – Calangute is the first choice for every tourist that lands on the soil which attracts all domestic and international tourist. Calangute Beach encircled by palm and coconut trees, the beach is spread four miles along the Arabian Sea and nine miles from the Panaji. It is one of the most happening beaches in Goa which held lots of water sports activity. To know more details about Calangute beach please check below link.
2. Baga Beach – Baga Beach is just 2 km away from Calangute Beach which is situated in South Goa. It has less crowd in comparison to Calangute Beach. It is more popular with western tourists who love to use it as a base for water sports and fishing in the area. You can found plenty of beach shacks, coffee bars and clubs in this area. Baga Beach is famous for its nightlife because of the famous Cafe Mambo and Tito’s Bar lies around this beach.
=> Baga Beach
3. Vagator Beach – Vagator beach is just 8 km away from the main town of Calangute which is also a famous tourist hub. Vagator Beach is located in Bardez taluka just opposite side to Chapora River. During the tourist season, it is a favourite venue for midnight parties. This beach is the best choice for those visitors who want to spend some time in peace and want a break from the crowded place. For more information about Vagator Beach click on below link.
So these are the best places to visit in Calangute which is an all-time favourite destination for travellers. Calangute is the most crowded place in Goa which attracts lots of tourists. There are many places to visit in Calangute but here we put a few of them according to their popularity. You can also check nearby beaches in the Calangute area to explore the beauty of this place. So if you are planning a Goa trip then don’t forget to visit this place which gives you an unforgettable experience which you never feel before.