Last Updated on
Places to Visit in Margao – Margao is also known as Madgaon which is a commercial and cultural capital of the Indian state of Goa. Margao is a second largest city in Goa according to the population. It is situated on the river of Sal which is one of the oldest settlement in Goa.
The initial settlement of Margão grew from the site of the ancient Damodar Temple. The original temple was demolished or replaced by the Holy Spirit church. While the western side of the Holy Spirit Church developed as a market-place situated in Borda region. During the pre-independence period, ancient Margao was known to be the temple town of th country. It is well connected with all major cities in Goa. Margao is just 31 km away from Panaji and 29 km away from the Goa International Airport Dabolim. Margao is just 1 km away from the main bus stand Kadamba and 1.5 km away from the southeast of the Municipal Garden is Margao’s train station. It is one of the favourite destinations for travellers, so here we placed some best places to visit in Margao.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Margao –
1. Church of The Holy Spirit, Margao –
Church of The Holy Spirit located in the old market of Margao. The church was originally built in 1564 by the Jesuit missionaries. The central dome of the church has towers on either side which is famous for interior design. The Chruch celebrate a feast on every year on 10th June which is a major attraction. Most of the visitor come here at the time of the festival in Goa. So we considered it as the best places to visit in Margao which has a unique beauty.
2. Monte Hill, Margao –
Monte Hill is also a famous tourist destination in Margao. There is a chapel located in the top of Hill which is popularly known as Our Lady of Mercy. The Jesus Christ is enacted on a wooden cross at this chapel. A festival also organised by the Church in the month of December on Christmas occasion.
Also, Read – Famous Bar & Nightclubs in Goa
3. Margao Market – Margao Market offers a shopping experience to all local or foreign visitors. Margao Market famous for its local crafts product which is made of bamboo, straw or grass, woodwork and pottery. You can also find the large variety of clothes in this market. It is one of the best places to visit in Margao who want to buy some unique item at a reasonable price. The main market is very close to Margao Railway Station.
4. Majorda, Margao – Majorda is one of the finest locations in Margao town, Goa. Majorda also famous for its beach which offers a wide range of beach shacks, Goan food, European and Indian food.
Nearby Beaches in Margao –
Margao is the second largest city in South Goa which is famous for its beaches. Margao Railway Station connected with all major cities to reach their destination. So here we are going to place some beaches list which is very near to Margao city.
1. Colva Beach – Colva Beach is just 8 km away from the Margao city which is fully surrounded by white sand and coconut palm tree. One of the largest beaches in South Goa which is spread around 25 km. Colva Beach is one of the most commercialized beaches in south Goa which is famous for sea shacks, restaurant, bars and pubs. For detailed information please check below link.
=> Colva Beach
2. Benaulim Beach – Benaulim Beach is one of the quietest beaches in Goa which is just 9 km away from the Margao City. Benaulim Beach has brilliant scenic beauty and the architectural grandeur of its churches, old houses, and temples. To know more information about Benaulim Beach click on below link.
3. Betul Beach – Betul is one of the most important fishing spots which is also famous for its sunset view. Beyond this secluded beach is the hill of Cabo De Rama where the Portuguese have built a fort.
So that’s all about nearby Places to Visit in Margao city. It is one of the largest city in Goa which attracts the tourist for its scenic beauty. Here we placed all attractive destination list which you have to visit at least once when you are in Margao.