Places to Visit in Vasco Da Gama – Vasco Da Gama is one of the major city in Goa which is situated on the west coast. Indian Navy also has its base at Vasco Da Gama Port. The city gets his name after the Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama. The city was founded in 1543 and remained in Portuguese hands until 1961.
The city located at the tip of the Mormugao peninsula which is situated near Zuari River. Vasco Da Gama city is just 30 km away from Panaji and about 5 km from the Goa International Airport, Dabolim. It is one of the major ports of independent India and around one-third of India’s ore exports from this port. It has one of the largest shipping yards. Vasco is the most commercial port in India where most of the economic activity done here.
Vasco Da Gama city famous for its Portuguese Architecture building, Historical place and Churches which makes it an amazing place to visit in Goa. Apart from all these things, there are many Tourist Places to Visit in Vasco Da Gama which attracts visitor a lot.
- Top 5 Places to Visit in Vasco Da Gama –
- 1. St. Andrews Church –
- 2. Mormugao Fort –
- 3. Naval Aviation Museum –
- 4. Japanese Garden – Japanese Garden situated on a hill place which is known as Sada. It is just 3 km away from the Vasco Da Gama which provide a good sea view from the front. You can sit on top and watch the ocean, or walk down to a temple at the shore. Being situated in Mormugao Port you can also see ruins of the Fortaleza Santa Catarina. It is a very famous place for its scenic view of the Arabian Sea from the top of the Japanese Garden. We recommended it as one of the most important places to visit in Vasco Da Gama.
- 5. Zuari River –
- Nearby Beaches in Vasco Da Gama –
Top 5 Places to Visit in Vasco Da Gama –
List of best tourist places to visit in Vasco Da Gama as follows –
1. St. Andrews Church –
It is one of the best places to visit in Vasco Da Gama which was built in 1570. Andrew was a Scottish fisherman which is one of the primary disciples of Jesus Christ. You can arrive at St. Andrews Church by taking the Zuari Road from the airport. The church opens every day from 9 AM to 12:30 PM and 4 PM to 7 PM which is visited all community and one of the famous tourist attraction near Vasco Da Gama.
2. Mormugao Fort –
Mormugao Fort was built in 1624, which is one of the major coastal forts in Goa. It is located just Northside to Vasco Da Gama town which is the most visited tourist attraction near this place. The Mormugao fort was essentially built by the Portuguese to protect the harbour, territorial waters in and around the port of Margao. Mormugao Fort is well known for its magnificent look and structure which makes it one of the best places to visit in Vasco Da Gama.
Also, Read – Best Luxurious Resorts to Stay in South Goa
Naval Aviation Museum located in Bogmalo which is just 6 km away from Vasco Da Gama City, Goa. The first Naval Pilot to land a fighter aircraft, ‘Hawker Sea Hawk’ on the deck of aircraft carrier INS Vikrant on 18 May 1961. The museum divided into two parts one is an outdoor exhibit and another one is an indoor exhibit. The outdoor exhibit is a huge park that visitors can walk through and see decommissioned aircraft that saw service with the Navy. The indoor exhibit has a gallery which tells the stories and evolution of the Indian Air and Navel forces. You can see the military weapons which are used by Naval Forces or on submarines and ships.
5. Zuari River –
Zuari River is famous for its picturesque view from the bridge. Zuari River is almost 92 km long which is connected to all other major canals like Mandovi and Cumbarjua. You can spend some time on the beach looking at the landscape and the greenery that surrounded the river. You can also book a boat trip to get an amazing experience by watching the birds and natural beauty. There is also a sunset point from where you can see as the sun sets and the horizon it forms as if it is dipping into the river itself.
Nearby Beaches in Vasco Da Gama –
1. Bogmalo Beach – It is located just 8 km away from Vasco Da Gama City and about 2 km from the Naval Aviation Museum. Bogmalo Beach is a very quiet and peaceful beach in this area. You can see very few people around this beach but it is fully surrounded by greenery which attracts tourist to visit this place at least once.
2. Dona Paula Beach – If you are looking for the most crowded beach near Vasco Da Gama then it is a better choice for you. The beach offers a great view of the Marmagoa port at Vasco that is located across the mouth of the Zuari river. You can complete details about this beach from the below link.
3. Velsao Beach – Velsao Beach is just 10 km away from the main city of Vasco Da Gama. Best time to visit this beach is morning time when most of the fisherman come here for fishing. All kind of fish available at this beach and you can observe the technique of fishing which is also an amazing experience.
Click Here – Best Honeymoon Hotels for Couples in Goa
So these are the best tourist places to visit in Vasco Da Gama City. Here we placed all nearby attraction around Vasco Da Gama, which attracts the tourist most. So when you are in this town then don’t forget to visit these places. You can also visit nearby beaches which are located in this area.