Last Updated on
Calangute Beach Goa – Calangute is a town in North Goa which is famous for Beaches. It is the first choice for every tourist that lands on the soil which attracts all domestic and international tourist. This Beach is recommended as the largest or most popular beach in Goa.
Calangute Beach encircled by palm and coconut trees, the beach is spread four miles along the Arabian Sea and nine miles from the Panaji and this tourist spot remain crowded for the most part of the year. As the sun goes down, a mystic and electrifying breeze scatter around on the Calangute provoking the tourists to party all night.
It is the most visited beach in Goa especially in the months of November – December. Calangute Beach is the most preferred beaches for hippies, foreign holidays and all local visitors. People are drawn in large numbers towards water sports like Surfing, water skiing and parasailing. Calangute Beach Goa also famous for its nightlife because most of the nightclub found in this area. Baga Beach is the nearest tourist point around Calangute beach.
Calangute Beach Goa discovered by hippies in the late 1960’s. Good Adventure place for those who love sand and the surf.
Best Time to Visit Calangute Beach Goa & Weather Conditions –
The best time to visit Calangute Beach from October to march. Calangute Beach mostly visited in the month of December or January because lots of tourists come in that month to celebrate Christmas or new year. From April to June few visitors come here due to summer because at this time temperature goes up to 35 degree and humidity on its peak.
So if are planning for Goa trip then avoid these two-three months otherwise Calangute Beach filled with the number of people in rest of the month. The monsoons season avoided by most of the tourists due to lack of water activities. Calangute Beach is the most famous destination for all Goa lovers due to its climates.
Also, Read – Top 10 Hidden Tourist Places in Goa
Most Visited Place Near Calangute Beach –
If you are planning a trip to Calangute Beach Goa then you also want to visit nearby place around the Calangute Beach. So here we placed the top attractive destination near Calangute beach and we hope you don’t want to miss them.
1. Baga Beach – It is one of the best beaches in Goa near Calangute Beach. Both are located in North Goa and it is very confusing to found that where Baga Beach start and where Calangute Beach ends. So when you going to visit Calangute Beach also try to visit Baga Beach and us sure you like both tourist place.
2. Kerkar Art Gallery – You can see exhibitions and sculpture by popular artists here. It is the nearest place around the Calangute Beach Goa. It hosts the Indian music and dance night every week.
3. Church of St Alex – If you are looking for something different apart from adventure then you can visit this place which is awesome. It is popular due to its towers and striking altars besides the marvellous dome inside the church premises.
4. Baga Retreat House – If you are looking for a significant view of the Arabian Sea then you can visit this place. Dedicated to Saint Francis Xavier, this house always remains a famous tourist spot.
Things to do on Calangute Beach Goa –
Calangute Beach is the best destination for all visitors and travellers which is crowded with lots of people around the year. People love this place because it has lost of activities like water sports, sightseeing and shopping. It is also famous for its nightlife when the sun goes down and the city wakes up in the sky. So here we are going to provide complete activities list which can be done here –
- Water Sports – Calangute Beach is famous for its water sports activity. You can enjoy kayaking, sailing, wind-surfing, water snorkelling, water-skiing, fishing and parasailing. These adventures turn out into the best-ever experience for visitors.
- Parasailing – Everyone wants to do Parasailing activity once in his life which gives an extreme experience. You can take an unbelievable experience of this activity at Calangute Beach.
- Shopping – At Calangute beach, you can see many little shops which have the large variety of product. Here you can see handicraft boutiques, jewellery shops and Tibetan shopkeepers. Visit Dev’s Art Gallery at Calangute during the shopping, is also a great choice to buy a few paintings.
- Nightlife – Calangute Beach is the most famous beach which has good nightlife and that’s the reason people love this place. The nightlife scene of the beach simply lightens the city with cultural, music and dance shows. Most of the Nightclub in Goa situated in this area.
Best Hotel List Near Calangute Beach –
Calangute Beach is the most famous beach in Goa. Calangute is the hub of trademark Goan beach parties and fantastic water sports and everyone looking for the best hotel, resorts and villa near Calangute Beach Goa. So here we are providing best list of hotels which is very suitable for all people and there are –
1. The Park Calangute –
It is one of the most luxurious near Calangute Beach and it is a walking distance from the beach. You can get a view of the happening beach from here. The Candolim beach, Baga beach, Sinquerim beach, Mapusa market and St Antony’s chapel are in close vicinity.
Estimated Price – Rs. 10000-11000 per night
2. The O Hotel –
The O Hotel has 74 rooms including high-end rooms, suites and a presidential suite. It is situated at 3.1 km distance from the Calangute Beach. It is famous for tropical gardens, a rejuvenating spa, an infinity pool. Additional facilities like a salon, a fully-equipped gym and a personal yacht. The best thing about this hotel is that it gives the best view of the Arabian Sea.
Estimated Price – Rs. 7000 per night
3. North 16 Goa –
North 16 Goa hotel situated just 300-metre distance from the Calangute Beach Gao. It offers serene surroundings with spacious and elegant interiors. This Hotel has an outdoor swimming pool with a poolside bar, fitness centre, and children’s play area. North 16 Hotel serves European, Indian, and local dishes for lunch and dinner.
Estimated Price – Rs. 10000-12000 per night
4. La Calypso Calangute –
La Calypso is a sea-facing hotel with breathtaking views of the sunset and the glimmering sea. The rooms are spacious, well maintained, and done-up beautifully, complete with all the amenities. It is situated 4 km away from the Calangute Beach. Lan Calypso has the swimming pool, beach café and an open garden area which makes it the more convenient hotel for all people.
Estimated Price – Rs. 5000 per night
5. Paradise Village Beach Resort –
It is the best villa which is located 1.5 km away from Calangute Beach. The Paradise Village Beach Resort also offers a large swimming pool, an ayurvedic massage parlour, lush winding pathways, and multiple dining options. It offers the best sea view from the balcony.
Estimated Price – Rs. 4500-6000 per night
Click Here – Best Backpackers Hostels in Goa for Budget Traveller
How to Reach –
If you are looking for a hassle-free way to reach Calangute Beach Goa then below information really helps you. You can choose any one of them according to your requirement –
- By Air – Dabolim is the nearest airport to reach Calangute Beach. You can arrange a flight ticket from all major cities. It is the best way to reach Goa and its very suitable and hassle-free way. The distance between Dabolim airport and Calangute Beach is around 39 km.
- By Train – The nearest railway station is Karmali which is around 25 km away from Calangute Beach Goa. All trains stop at this railway station.
- By Road – Mostly people don’t prefer bus services because it takes lots of time. But people who live nearest Goa state can take bus facilities to reach Calangute Beach. Taxis or cabs services are also available from Madgaon and Panaji.
So that’s all necessary information about Calangute Beach Goa. Before planning Goa trip keep all above things in your mind. Here we placed top hotels list near Calangute Beach and what activities can be done here. Always choose the right time to go on a Goa trip for an unforgettable moment.