Dona Paula Beach Goa – Dona Paula is a small beach in Goa which is located 7 km away from Panaji. It is the most happening beach in Goa which is a very popular destination for all tourist. The place is named after Paula Amaral Antonio de Souto Maior, a historical figure in Portuguese India.
Dona Paula Beach transforms into a crowded stretch which is otherwise a calm beautiful place during monsoons. Dona Paula Beach also famous for the National Institute of Oceanography. It is just alongside the Goa University and the International Centre Goa. You can visit this beach for the sunbath and relax your body. Jet skiing is a very common sport at this beach.
The place where two of Goa’s famous rivers meet the Arabian Sea is the bay of Dona Paula with a very good view of the Marmagao Harbour. The beach offers a great view of the Marmagoa port at Vasco that is located across the mouth of the Zuari river. Unlike all other beaches which are known for their Sun and Sand, Dona Paula Beach Goa famous for its rocky shorelines. It is very calm and peaceful place in spite of this it is one the best beach in Goa.
- Best Time to Visit Dona Paula Beach Goa & Weather Conditions –
Best Time to Visit Dona Paula Beach Goa & Weather Conditions –
If you are planning for the Dona Paula Beach tour then monsoon season is the best time to visit this place which gives you a perfect view of the Arabian Sea. July to September is the best to visit this tourist place when the climate is cool with less humidity.
In Summar season April to June temperature goes up to 35 degrees with a high humidity climate. So you can avoid the summer season to visit Dona Paula Beach. Most of the people come here in the month of October or November due to the pleasant climate. Dona Paula Beach has good weather all around the year except the summer seasons. You can plan a goa trip according to weather condition which you prefer.
Nearby Attraction Around Dona Paula Beach Goa –
Dona Paula Beach famous for its rocky shorelines which gives a perfect view to this beach in comparison to all other beaches. A Statue near the ferry jetty is one of the most popular attractions around Dona Paula Beach. In monsoon season it is the perfect destination for honeymoon couples. Please check below list to know attraction around Dona Paula Beach –
1. National Oceanography Institute – It is one of the most famous attractions near Dona Pula Beach which attracts all tourist. There are two centres of attractions in this institute comprising the Marine Biology Museum and Taxonomy Reference Centre.
2. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary – It is just 9 km away from the western tip of Choro Island. People who love birds should visit this place there are a large variety of birds in this Sanctuary.
3. Reis Magos Church – It is one of the oldest Chruch in Goa which is situated just 10 km away from the Dona Paula Beach. If you want to know Goa culture then you should visit this place.
Also, Read – Top 10 Famous Restaurant in Goa for Delicious Food
Adventure Things to do At Dona Paula Beach Goa –
Dona Paula Beach hosts few adventure activity because it is well known as for its calmness or peacefulness. But here we placed some adventure activity which can be done at this place.
1. Water Sports Activity – This Beach offer plenty of Water Sports activity like Jet skiing, windsurfing, water-skiing, parasailing, windsurfing, parasailing, snorkelling, ski-bob, kayaking, yachting, swimming etc. So Dona Paula Beach is the perfect destination for beach lovers who want to do such kind for Water-sports activity.
2. Festival – Janmashtami and the Feast of St. Lawrence is the two major festival which held at Dona Paula Beach in every year. You can be a part of these festivals to know goa culture and history behind the festival. You can also be a part of exciting events such as cycle races, water scooter, and surfing.
3. Photography – Dona Paula Beach offers the best view to those people who love to do photography session. In monsoon season it has an extreme view of the Arabian Sea which attracts all visitors.
Best Hotels List Near Dona Paula Beach Goa –
It is one to most confusing thing when you planning a trip is that where to stay. So here we placed some top hotel and resort list near Dona Pula Beach according to their rating and customer feedback.
1. Salida Del Sol- Business Boutique Hotel –
The popular Dona Paula Beach is just 7 km away from the property. It has all basic need which is essential for a comfortable stay. The Goa International Airport is 30 km away while the Madgaon Railway Station is 37 km away. This hotel has its own restaurant that serves Indian, continental and Chinese delights with bar facilities also.
Estimated Price – Rs. 2500-3000 per night
2. The Crown Goa –
Crown Goa is an award-winning boutique hotel is perched atop a hill and overlooks Mandovi River. The property offers a spa, water sports and a casino. One of the best hotels near Dona Pula Beach which is well known for its classy exteriors and interiors. It is located just 7 km away from Dona Paula Beach and about 30 km from the Goa International Airport. It also deals in-house Divine Salon & Spa offers a variety of healing massages and body/beauty treatments.
Estimated Price – Rs. 3000-3500 per night
3. Casa Fortuna –
It is one of the best hotels near Dona Paula Beach and it gives the scenic view of the Arabian Sea from the balcony. It is just 1 km away from the famous beach.
Estimated Price – Rs. 5500-6000 per night
4. Mint Rendezvous Beach Resort –
Rendezvous Beach Resort is nestled amongst the serene nature of Goa. It is a 3-star hotel which is about 7 km away from the Dona Paula Beach. The in-house restaurant serves a range of tantalizing dishes to suit all palates. One can Relish evening drinks and spend some quality time with friends at the in-house bar.
Estimated Price – Rs. 2000-2500 per night
5. Casa Tropicana –
It is just 3 minutes walk in distance from the Dona Paula Beach which is also a good hotel and very comfortable to stay. The property is 1 km from the Caranzalem Beach and the Cobo Palace. You can enjoy sea view and pool view from the room.
Estimated Price – Rs. 2000-3000 per night
Click Here – Top 5 Private Villas in Goa
How to Reach Dona Paula Beach Goa –
- By Air – You can book a flight ticket from the all major city to reach Goa. Dabolim the main airport in Goa is just 30 km away from the Dona Paula Beach. Tourists have the option of taking pre-paid taxis which are available outside the airport.
- By Train – Madgaon Junction Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Dona Paula Beach which is about 41 km away from the beach.
- By Road – You can also reach the beach via road as a number of buses operate from Panaji’s Kadamba Bus Terminal on a regular basis. You can also book a bike or scooter which are available on rent.
So that’s all necessary facts about Dona Paula Beach Goa which you have to know before planning a Goa trip. Check the best hotel and resort list which is mention in the above section. Plan your trip according to weather conditions for the best experience.