Places to Visit in Mapusa – Mapusa is one of the famous towns in Goa which attracts tourist a lot. It is situated in North Goa which is 13 km away from the Goa Capital Panaji. The city located on main highway NH-17 around the Mount Alto.
It is also famous for its beaches which have many tourist spots. The name Mapusa drove from Konkani word where ‘Map’ stands for ‘Measure’ and ‘Sa’ means ‘Phase fill up’ to add the name. Mapusa is close to one of the main centres of Goa’s tourism industry. Mapusa well known for its Portuguese architectural building or Forts. The Friday Market is one of the major attraction in this town. So here we are going to mention top 5 tourist places to visit in Mapusa which gives an amazing experience during the Goa trip.
Best Places to Visit in Mapusa –
1. Mapusa Friday Market –
One of the major attraction in Mapusa for both local and tourists. It is famous for all kind of shopping like traditional kokum, clothes, antique items, jewellery and street shopping etc. You can also found a fish market, vegetable market and wine shop around this market.
It held on every Friday from 8 am to 2 pm. Most of the tourists come here to visit this market because of its variety under one roof. You can take a bus service to reach Mapusa Friday Market which is very near to Mapusa Bus Stand.
2. Saligao Mapusa –
Saligao is a beautiful place to visit which is about 6 km away from the Mapusa. The site is renowned for an ancient parish church that has been constructed in the Gothic style. Saligao is a favourite tourist destination which is well known for its scenic beauty. It is fully surrounded by paddy fields and coconut palm trees.
Also, Read – Best Adventure Things to do in Goa
3. Sri Kalika Temple, Mapusa – Sri Kalika Temple is situated a few kilometres away from the Mapusa town. It is also known as Mahamaya Kalika Saunsthan dedicated to Goddess Kali. The structure has been decorated with beautiful intricate designs which attract all visitors.
The dome of the temple has a gold Kalash on the top. It is a spiritual place which has been divided into two outer halls where the inner sanctum has the deity Mahamaya’s Idol. One of the best places to visit in Mapusa which you have to visit at least once.
4. Bodhgeshwar Temple – One of the famous temple in Mapusa dedicated to Lord Bodhgeshwar. It is considered as the guardian of the city Mapusa and people believe it fulfils all your wishes if you pray with a pure heart. It draws the attraction of many devotees at the time of annual fist which is held in the month of December known as ‘Zatra’. Devotees from all over Goa rush to this temple to attend the annual fest.
5. Aldona Mapusa –
Aldona village located in Bardez taluka which is a famous tourist destination near Mapusa town. It is just 8 km away from the Mapusa. Aldona is also famous for St. Thomas Church that was constructed in 1596 and it is famous for its statue and symbolic biblical murals which teach us a lot.
Click Here – Best Budget Hotels to Stay in Goa
Nearby Beaches in Mapusa –
Mapusa Village located in North Goa which is a favourite tourist destination. Here we placed some nearby beaches list in Mapusa and these are –
1. Vagator Beach – It is one of the clean and pleasant beaches near Mapusa which is just 8 km away from the location. For more information click on below link –
2. Anjuna Beach – It is one of the most happening beaches in Goa which attracts visitor all around the year. It is just 7.5 km away from the Mapusa town. For more information click on below link.
=> Anjuna Beach
3. Ozran Beach – The beach gets separated from its neighbours like Anjuna and Vagator on account of rocks on either side. The sand is blackish and the sea can be rough sometimes. But overall it is a nice location to chill out with friends.
So these are some favourite tourist destination around Mapusa Village. If you are planning a Goa trip then don’t forget to visit tourist places in Mapusa which is a major attraction. There are lots of happening beaches around Mapusa which gives you an unforgettable moment during the whole trip.